Monday, February 8, 2021

Music Marketing Blog Post #2

 

Music Marketing Blog Post #2


The full process of our project was very long and involved a lot of work individually and as a team. We began with our research, looking for companies that represented similar artists like the one we were trying to represent. In the end, we decided to talk about Columbia Records and Universal Music Records, talking about characters such as Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Justin Beiber, and Harry Styles. My individual job was to talk about Katy Perry and also research other characters that Columbia Records represents. With this research, my team and I came to the conclusion of how we wanted to create the video for the song we were releasing. The song we picked was Royals. We came up with the idea and the marketing strategies. 

Later we began to work on the storyboard of the music video. We divided each scene, each of us had to do 5 scenes and there was a total of 20. I had to do from the scene 16-20. The music video consists of a girl, which I acted as, who was mentally unstable who began to picture her life if only she was rich. The video consisted of switching between the royal life and the low class or real life. She later struggles between what is real and what is not, which concludes the video with her in a car accident. While I was acting in the video, Gerardo my other partner was directing and completed the editing process. David and Juan were in charge of controlling the blogs that we posted on our social media for our fan engagement and also on participating as side characters in the video. The film process was really fun, we went to different locations to record. The process was fun and I had the most fun since I was the one acting in the video and I had to change outfits and act which I really enjoy. 

Later while Gerardo was editing the video, my partners and I started to work on our PowerPoint presentation that would be shown in class. This is where we talked about our marketing ideas which basically revolve around the use of social media such as Instagram and TikTok. We also talked about the release dates of both the music video and the song, and the platforms it would be streamed on. Through the PowerPoint, we talked about strategies and about our target audience. We also created a website and merch for the band. Later, we had to present the PowerPoint we divided the slides and did a 15 min presentation on our artist and their song. I mostly had to talk about the distribution plan and the expansion of what Pop genre was. Then my other team members presented the other slides, as for example, the video explanation, and the main marketing strategies. 

To conclude, from this project I learned about the hard work that is put into creating a new artist or releasing a song. Also, I found out that now with social media marketing songs are very easy, and creating fan engagement is also very easy and accessible for people. The research chart will help me the most when creating my Cambridge portfolio alongside our music video, which I believe came out really nice and professional. This whole project showed me many things alongside how to create a marketing strategy and also how to create a distribution plan for a new releasing song. This was a very interesting project that expanded my knowledge of music media. Up till now we mostly worked with the movie media so this project really expanded our minds to a whole new world of music media. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCLUSIVE

THE MUSCI VIDEO AND DIGIPACK! I am so happy to finally be able to share with you guys the music video for Black Cat by PLUTO the band! Here ...